Wednesday, March 23, 2011





United Notions and MODA are participating in a challenge to piece, quilt and bind 100 quilts in 100 days using the Flag of Valor pattern.  They need 1800 blocks.  You can read all the details and get the pattern at this site:  

http://modafabrics.blogspot.com/2011/03/just-one-star.html

We have printed copies of the information for you to pick up in the store which of course includes the block pattern details.  We will collect blocks and mail them to Moda for you.  We will also have a brown Pigma pen available for you to use to sign your block.

We would like the blocks by April 25th so we can get them to Moda by the first of May.  I think the sewers in Utah could easily supply all 1800!  Are you up for it!?!
It had been some time since I sewed a star block and a 2 inch square seemed really, really small to me.  I got out one of my tools to help...
Not an especially good picture but it made a difference in my blocks.  I also found that starch helped as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment