Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Stash Busting, part 1


At my house, the word stash is not sufficient to describe the amount of fabric I have accumulated.  It's stacked and piled in every room of the house except the bathroom.  Even in the kitchen, which was remodeled a few years ago and now has a family room space.   Frequently, when Dylan does not think I am responding to him quickly enough, he pulls fat quarters out of a stack/pile and moves them to a different room.  Sometimes to the backyard.  No matter that I have gently held his cheeks, looked right into his eyes and explained that he is now three years old and no longer a puppy.

Oh, yes, I have a closet in the sewing room.  It's full.

So when my grandson requested some pillowcases to take to school, a light bulb went on and I began my personal Perpetual Pillowcase Project.  I made two for him and then a half dozen more to donate, all from the "stash."  Even buying new fabric, pillowcases are not a major investment in time or money.  They make me happy and the recipients too!

My preference is 3/4 yard of focus fabric, 2 1/2 inches for accent and 1/4 yard for the hem border.  Our pillowcase kits come with instructions and are great for birthday gifts!  You can whip one up in an hour.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment