Quilts for Veterans
A new Veterans Home is opening in Payson on Memorial Day 2013. We have the opportunity to help make quilts for the beds of our self-sacrificing Veterans. 108 twin size quilts are needed. Any quilt tied or quilted will be greatly appreciated.
As employees and patrons of Daines Cotton Shop we would like to give you the opportunity to come sew with us to make quilts for our veterans.
We will have two Free Sew Days:
Thursday, April 11th 10-2:00 pm & 3-7:00 pm
Saturday, April 13th 2-6:00 pm
- Quilts are for men and women
- Quilts can be any color
- Quilts can be made from any pattern
- Stitches & Sew Forth has donated a downloadable pattern for anyone interested: stitchesandsewforth.blogspot.com
- We provide the time; you provide the fabric, pattern etc.
- There will be a limited number of quilt kits available for purchase
- Bring your sewing machine and accessories
- Come ready to have a good sewing time with others to help in this endeavor.
- Nothing better than a room full of others with the same thing in mind – sewing.